Dark Horse Traditions is a place where art and nature inspire wild creativity.
Our mission is to inspire an appreciation for the aesthetics of nature and connect the home, heart and hands to the power of the living world.
Our aim is to share our skills & knowledge with the world and empower others to learn, appreciate and be immersed in the wild arts of nature.
Our creative goal is to sustain old world art & craft traditions of film photography, print-making, natural dyeing, painting & drawing as well as working directly with/in nature to identify species, develop plant wisdom and forage local plants.
We bring you original & limited editions of our creative products, small batches of homegrown &/or locally harvested herbs and regular drops of unique, one of a kind artisanal collections.
WHO WE ARE
From our farm studio in regional NSW, Australia, Dark Horse Traditions brings you our collections of locally sourced, gathered, handmade, homegrown creative products that connect you to our own slice of heaven.
Our studio comprises a large open 10x10m shed, fully equipped workshop, photography studio & darkroom, painting studio & creative space located on a working cattle property & surrounded by rolling hills, just minutes from Byron Bay.
Dark Horse Traditions is owned and directed by the ‘Queen of Dark Horse’, visual artist Imbi Davidson.
Imbi has a long history of working with plants, recording & researching as well as exhibiting paintings as a visual artist. She is a fully qualified visual arts teacher & completed her Masters Thesis 'The Casuarina Tree' researching the art of Native Plants in Australia.
Dark Horse Traditions is committed to:
- wild creativity & the alchemy of the arts
- sustainable & ethical production
- using recycled, eco-certified and no plastic in any of our products
- sourcing local products wherever possible
- working with local creatives (not outsourcing to China)
- community building & sharing
- growing & making our own products
- re-wilding of the spirit through nature connection & creation
- respecting the land, earth & ancestors who have come before us
Be Wild. Be Free.